Airport Express Base Station
Enjoy your iTunes music library in virtually any room of your house. Share a single broadband Internet connection and USB printer without inconvenient and obtrusive cables. Create an instant wireless network on the go.
Extend the range of your current wireless network.
How many devices do you need to do all this? Just this one.
AirPort Express Assistant is not compatible with Windows 2000. To setup AirPort Express from a Windows 2000 computer, you must use AirPort Admin Utility for Windows version 4.0 or later.
AirPort Express uses the 802.11g wireless standard. Accessing the wireless network requires an AirPort or AirPort Extreme enabled computer or Wi-Fi-certified 802.11b or 802.11g computer. Achieving data rates of 54 Mbps requires that all users have an AirPort Extreme or Wi-Fi-certified 802.11g enabled computer and connect to an AirPort Express Base Station. If a user of a Wi-Fi-certified 802.11b product joins the network, that user will get up to 11 Mbps and AirPort Extreme and Wi-Fi-certified 802.11g users will get less than 54 Mbps. Actual speed will vary based on range, connection rate, site conditions, size of network, and other factors.
AirPort Express can extend the range only of an AirPort Express wireless network.
Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
Compatible with AOL 5.0 or later in the U.S. only. Simultaneous sharing of an AOL connection requires multiple AOL accounts.
Requires compatible stereo system or powered speakers.
Wireless printing over USB requires Mac OS X v10.2.7 or later or Windows XP or Windows 2000 and a compatible printer.
Support for WPA requires Mac OS X v10.3 or later. Use of Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) reduces the maximum number of network users. When joining an existing wireless network, AirPort Express only supports WPA-Personal.
Wireless Internet access requires a wireless-enabled computer, a base station or other access point, and Internet access (fees may apply). Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort Express.
AirTunes Unleashes Your Music
AirPort on the Go
Add Music to Your Current Wireless Network
Extend Your Network
Share a Single Printer - Wirelessly
- Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) (8)
- Wireless security (WEP) configurable for 40-bit and 128-bit encryption
- MAC address filtering
- NAT firewall
- Support for RADIUS authentication
- 802.1X, PEAP, LEAP, TTLS, TLS
- For Macintosh Users:
-A Macintosh computer with an AirPort Extreme Card or AirPort Card
- For PC Users:
-A PC with a Wi-Fi-certified IEEE 802.11b or 802.11g wireless card
Electrical and environmental requirements:
- Users with Mac OS X v10.3 or later can:
-Access an AirPort Express wireless network
-Set up an AirPort Express Base Station
-Use AirTunes to play music
-Share a USB printer
-Use Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA)
- Users with Mac OS X v10.2.7 can:
-Access an AirPort wireless network
-Share a USB printer
- For PC Users:
- Windows XP or Windows 2000 (1)
- WPA support requires a Wi-Fi-certified PC solution
- 100-240V AC, 50-60Hz, Input Current: 0.2 Amps
- Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13°to 140° F ( -25° to 60° C)
- Relative humidity (operating): 20% to 90%, noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
Extended Service and Support: Purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan to extend the service and support for the AirPort Express Base Station
Package Dimension: 3 12/16" x Width 2 14/16" x Height 1 2/16"
Wireless protocol: 802.11g
Frequency band: 2.4GHz
Radio output power: 15dBm
Weight: 6.7 ounces (189 grams)(4)
Wireless data rates (2)
- Up to 54 Mbps for AirPort Extreme-enabled and other Wi-Fi Certified 802.11g computers (data rate depends on environment)
- Up to 11 Mbps for AirPort-enabled and other Wi-Fi 802.11b-enabled computers (data rate depends on environment)
- 50-foot range from the base station in typical use at 54 Mbps data rate (range depends on building construction) (2)
- 150-foot range from the base station in typical use at 11 Mbps data rate (range depends on building construction)
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet WAN port (RJ-45 connector) for connecting a DSL or cable modem
- 3.5mm mini-Audio jack for analog or optical digital sound (6)
- USB port for connecting a USB printer (7)
- Apple power adapter
- FCC Part 15 Class B, Canada RSS-210, EN 300-328, EN 301-489, ARIB STD-T66, RCR STD-T33, AS/NZS 4771:2000, UL 60950, CSA-C22.2 No. 60950
- Channels 1-11 approved for use in the United States, Canada, Latin America, and Taiwan
- Channels 1-14 approved for use in Japan
- Channels 1-13 approved for use in other countries
AirPort Express Assistant to configure the base station for Internet access
AirPort Admin Utility for base station setup and network administration
Mfr Part No: F9470LL/A, A1084
Part Number: D/APPF9470/r
*For more information click here
Interoperable with Wi-Fi Certified for 802.11b and 802.11g computers (2)
Mac computers and Windows-based PCs
NAT, DHCP, FTP, PPPoE, VPN Passthrough (IPSec, PPTP and L2TP), PPP client and server (AirPort Extreme with modem only), QuickTime Streaming, DNS Proxy, SNMP
America Online (5)
WLM will credit any unopened and unused item if requested within 14 days of customer receipt. Manufacturer's warranty length is 90 days. WLM will handle all other customer warranty issues. Click here for details.
*Click on picture for a better view