Apple AirPort Extreme Wireless Card
AirPort Extreme is the next-generation wireless networking solution from Apple. Based on a new high-speed wireless technology called 802.11g, it enables you to achieve data rates nearly 5 times faster than the original AirPort.
You can connect to the Internet or to other computers without wires, additional phone lines, or complicated networking hardware from almost anywhere in your home, classroom, or business.
Apple's AirPort Extreme wireless networking products lets you surf the Internet from almost anywhere in your home or business, and enables schools to provide Internet access to multiple students without installing expensive cabling.
(1) Since AirPort Extreme is based on a new wireless technology called 802.11g, it's a snap to exchange files or play multiplayer games at data rates up to 54 megabits per second (Mbps).
(2) The AirPort Extreme Card allows your AirPort Extreme-enabled Mac to communicate with local AirPort Extreme networks or other Wi-Fi certified 802.11b or 802.11g networks, including earlier versions of Apple's AirPort Base Station. AirPort Extreme-enabled computers that join an AirPort or other 802.11b wireless network can achieve data rates up to 11 Mbps--the maximum allowed by 802.11b. For higher data rates, you need both the AirPort Extreme Card installed in an AirPort Extreme-ready computer and an AirPort Extreme Base Station. AirPort Extreme provides a range up to 50 feet at 54 Mbps and up to 150 feet at 11 Mbps for AirPort Extreme-enabled computers.
Every AirPort Extreme-enabled Mac has antennas built in and optimally placed, much like a mobile phone, to provide the best possible wireless performance. And because AirPort Extreme uses radio waves for communication, it can even work through walls.
With an AirPort Extreme-enabled PowerBook G4, you're ready to start enjoying the benefits of wireless networking--not just at home, but also at cafes, hotels, airports, and other businesses and public buildings around the world that have implemented 802.11b "hot spots."
(3) To get the full speed benefits of the 802.11g-based AirPort Extreme Card in your Apple computer, you'll want to use it with an AirPort Extreme Base Station. But since the AirPort Extreme Card is compatible with 802.11b, you can use any AirPort Base Station or other Wi-Fi certified 802.11b access point without any hassles; you don't need to change any hardware or software settings. Everything is automatic.
To create your own wireless network in your home or business, just add an AirPort Extreme Base Station. This will allow you to communicate between AirPort-enabled computers, AirPort Extreme-enabled computers, Windows PCs with Wi-Fi certified 802.11b cards, and the AirPort Extreme Base Station and share access to the Internet, without wires.
This is a Apple refurbished original part. This item is in stock and can ship today.
Up to 54 MD PS of speed
The AirPort Extreme Card can be installed only in computers that except the Extreme cards.
Requires Mac OS X 10.2.7 or later and AirPort Admin Utility software version 3.1.1 or later to administer an Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station sold here .
Wireless printing over USB requires Mac OS X v10.2.7 or later.
(1) Wireless Internet access requires a wireless-enabled computer, a base station or other access point, and Internet access (fees may apply). Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort and AirPort Extreme.
(2) Achieving data rates up to 54 Mbps requires that all users have an AirPort Extreme-ready computer with an AirPort Extreme Card installed or a Wi-Fi Certified 802.11g Windows computer and are communicating with an AirPort Extreme Base Station. If a user with an AirPort-enabled computer or other Wi-Fi certified 802.11b product joins an AirPort Extreme wireless network, that user will get up to 11 Mbps and AirPort Extreme users on the same wireless network will get less than 54 Mbps. AirPort Extreme-enabled computers that connect to an AirPort or other Wi-Fi certified 802.11b network will achieve data rates up to 11 Mbps, the maximum allowed by an 802.11b wireless network. Actual speed will vary based on range, connection rate, site conditions, size of network, and other factors.
(3) Fees may apply for hot spot access.
**If you are not sure which airport card your Mac takes please call before ordering**
Package Dimension: Length 3 7/16" x Width 3"
Product Weight: 1lbs.
Shipping Weight: 2lbs.
Only one Airport Extreme Card included.
Part Number: M8881LL/A, 661-2755, 661-3045, 661-3966
Model: 603-2709, 603-3575, 603-3915, 603-5197, 603-6234, 631-0138, 825-5843-A, 825-5988-A, 825-6262-A, 825-6360-A, 825-6476-A, 82506654-A, A1026, 603-3917, 825-6264-A
iBook G4, iBook G4 (12-inch Late 2004), iBook G4 (Early 2004), iBook G4 (14-inch), iBook G4 (14-inch Early 2004), iBook G4 (14-inch Late 2004), PowerBook G4 (12-inch), PowerBook G4 (12-inch 1.33Ghz), PowerBook G4 (12-inch 1.5Ghz), PowerBook G4 (12-inch DVI), PowerBook G4 (15-inch FW800), PowerBook G4 (15-inch 1.5/1.33GHz),PowerBook G4 (15-inch 1.67/1.5Ghz), eMac (USB 2.0), eMac (ATI Graphics), eMac (2005), AirPort Extreme Base Station, AirPort Extreme Card, Power Mac G4 (FW 800), Power Mac G4 (Mirrored Drive Doors), Power Mac G4 (Mirrored Drive Door 2003), Power Mac G5, POWER Mac G5 (June 2004), Power Mac G5 (Late 2004), Power Mac G5 (Early 2005), Mac mini, iMac G5 (17-inch), iMac (17-inch Flat Panel, 1GHz), iMac G5 (20-inch), iMac (USB 2.0)
WLM will credit any unopened and unused item if requested within 14 days of customer receipt. Manufacturer's warranty length is 30 day. WLM will handle all other customer warranty issues. Click here for details.
*Click on picture for a better view